Custom Search

Thursday, December 18, 2008

ATL01 - Longman - TOEFL® IBT - CDROM Material

Longman - TOEFL® IBT - CDROM Material

ATL01

Listen to a conversation between a student and a worker on campus.
Next, please…yes, how can I help you?
I’m here to apply for a job on campus.
Have you filled out the application?
Yes, I have. Here it is.
OK. Let me have it…and now let me ask you a few questions. First of all, do you have any computer skills?
Yes, I’ve been working on computers since I was six years old.
Good, because we have a number of jobs available that require computer skills. Now, are you prepared to be responsible? Will you show up for work when you’re scheduled?
Of course.
When can you work? It says here that your classes are on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings and Tuesday and Thursday afternoons, so are you free to work when you’re not in class?
Yes, I can work on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday afternoons and Tuesday and Thursday mornings. I can also work on the weekends; I’m available then.
Oh, we deal only with university offices, and they’re not open on the weekends.
That’s too bad because I’d like to work then.
You want to work on the weekends? You want to work only on the weekends?
No, sorry, that’s not what I meant. I’d like to work as many hours as possible. I’m free Monday, Wednesday, and Friday afternoons and Tuesday and Thursday mornings, and I’m also available to work on the weekend…but it sounds like you don’t have any work available on weekends. I really do want to work on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday afternoons and Tuesday and Thursday mornings.
OK, I see now, sorry for the confusion. I do possibly have some work available during the week when you’re not in class…OK, you said earlier that you have good computer skills.
Yes, I use computers all the time now.
Then it sounds as if you’re quite comfortable using a computer.
I think so.
And you’re available from one o’clock until five o’clock on, on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and from eight o’clock until noon on Tuesdays and Thursdays?
I am.
Good. I have a job opening that requires good computer skills. Also, that’s a total of 20 hours per week, and that’s the maximum time that a student can work on campus.
Twenty hours a week sounds great to me!
Are you available to start next Monday?
I’m available even before that. I’m even available right now.
Well, you don’t need to start right now. Monday’s soon enough.

Longman - IBT - CDROM Material

No comments:

Post a Comment